Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 110 total)

Slider on Asteria Lite

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite Slider on Asteria Lite

mani

hi all

i have done all setiing as you have told but still the slider is not working . what may be issue please assist me.

Thank you

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site address?

Jay

I’m having the same issue as a poster above, using Asteria Lite. The slide images don’t stay there after I load them. I come back and they’re gone. Any specific reason this might be happening? I don’t want any text over the images. Thanks.

John

Asteria Lite is an excellent theme, love it. One question though, on the slider (cronybaloney.com) I only have one slide set (with a title only) with layout 3 equipped on it. However, it shows layout 2 before I hit the side arrow and then layout 3 once I hit the side arrow from there on out. Then if you refresh the page, it does the same thing… layout 2 is shown until you hit the side arrow. I’m not quite sure what to make of it, but if you could take a look at it, it would be much appreciated.

Towfiq I.

administrator

Jay please make sure each of your slides have a title.

john Open up javascript.php and add this:

jQuery(".nivo-caption").has('.sld_layout3').addClass('sld3wrap');

before this:

</script>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if($asteria['slider_type_id'] == "unslider"){ ?>

John

I have the “nivo” slider set, and I attempted to find were you were talking about specifically since nothing looks quite the same (“before this:” part). If you could give me a line number were this should go it would be much appreciated.

Towfiq I.

administrator

it should go before line 47. which should look something like this:

});
    </script>

John

No matter where I put it, nothing changes. The only time it does, is when I place it on line 45, which creates a small black box with my text in it in the top left corner of the slider??

Towfiq I.

administrator

Open up javascript.php and add this:

jQuery(".nivo-caption").addClass('sld3wrap');

before this:

</script>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if($asteria['slider_type_id'] == "unslider"){ ?>

John

That did it. Thank you.

Linda

I’m new at this but I had professional help, and the slider has disappeared on the Asteria Lite version. I loved the gold/blue/feather slider and I can’t any of them to work. It’s a gorgeous theme. Thank you. If I need the pro version to get the sliders, I will be happy to upgrade. http://www.lindanightingale.com. Thanks, Linda

Towfiq I.

administrator

Linda Please make sure each of your slides has a title. the title field is required.

Linda

Thanks! They are now working. If I upgrade, is it possible to have different text in the Blocks on each slide? Linda

Towfiq I.

administrator

Sorry I dont understand. You can already set different text in each slide.

Regrads

John

I have a new problem. The slider works just fine if the users are just visiting the site and do not sign in, however when users sign in and go back to the home page were the slider is, the text is gone and the link for the text is now in the top left corner with a white box around it. When I hover over it, instead of a url, it says #nv_. Do you have any ideas on how to make this work properly?

Thank you

Vanessa

Hi

I updated my plugins recently and the theme seems to have changed for the worse. I’m missing the blue box that moved across the slider to make the text visible and the text will not enlarge. I’m sure there was a box to fill in to add a title to the slider in a larger font. Also the menu at the top has centred instead of being to the right. Why has this changed.

Vanessa

website address is creativetransitionsne.org BTW

Towfiq I.

administrator

Vanessa,

1. Go to Asteria Options > Typography and change font size of the logo.

2. While editing each slide, select the “Slide text layout” option again. they have been reset after the update.

Regrards

Dominic

Hi,

I only want to use one image on the slider but the text keeps changing like there is more than one slide. Is there a way to keep the text static with the one slider image?

Towfiq I.

administrator

Please make sure each of your slide has a title. the title field is required.

John

Any Ideas on how to fix the slider/sign-in problem??

Towfiq I.

administrator

John, thats weird.. I have tested it with my asteria installation and I am not seeing this.. Can you send me a screenshot?

Derek

Hello All,

Who knows this issue?

This theme(lite) works for me but it is very hard to open any setup page under the option. Try 10 times, only once it pops up the right page. Usually, it doesn’t response at all.

Anyone knows what this issue is?

John

http://www.cronybaloney.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Screen-Shot-2015-04-01-at-11.04.57.png

This address will send you to the media page with the screen shot. The first slides text is showing in the top left box hyperlinked to the the correct page. If you notice however, there seems to be an overlay of the same picture just underneath the small white box. That second picture (the overlay) is the background picture for the second slide, however the text is no where to be found for that second slide. The reasons they look the same is because on the first slide there is no background picture, and the format of the second slide was weird without one, so I chose the same picture for conformity (but just put it as the background on the second slide). So the first slide has no background picture while the second does, which is why the overlay exists I’m assuming. If you need any clarification, just ask and I will do my best.

Thank you

Towfiq I.

administrator

Derek thats weird. Could it be a plugin conflict? can you disable all the plugins and see if the issue is resolved?

John, so what you are saying is, when you add second slide the first slide’s image is being removed?

Regards

1 2 3 4 5

The topic ‘Slider on Asteria Lite’ is closed to new replies.