Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Upgrade

Home Forums Free Theme Support Theron Lite Upgrade

Johannes

Hi,
    I want to upgrade to the Theron pro version, but i did a lot of changes to my lite version. Do I have to do all this again or does the site stay the same?

Towfiq I.

administrator

did you make any changes to the template files directly? id you did, you will have to make them again after upgrading to pro.

Johannes

Yes I changed some of the code and some PNGs. The most important things for me are the possibility to change the font family and the different layouts. Is it possible to make a backup of my site then upgrade to pro and then overwrite the files from the backup?

Towfiq I.

administrator

that wont work. you will have to make the changes manually again. first you will need to compare the files you changed with the original theme files( https://themes.svn.wordpress.org/theron-lite/2.0/ ) with http://www.diffchecker.com/ then install the pro version and make the same changes you made on the lite version in pro files. hope you understand.

Johannes

Yes I understand, thank you very much. This will work for me.

But I have two more questions if you have the time to answer them.

1. I want to hide the slider on smartphones but I don’t get it.
    2. And on tablets the tag-list in the post-footer is bigger than the content area, and I don’t find the place to change this.

Thank you very much again

Johannes

Towfiq I.

administrator

1. Add this to the very bottom of your stylesheet:

@media screen and (max-width: 500px){ #slider{display:none!important;} }

2. Can you post a page link where this issue is visible?

Johannes Büch

subscriber

Ok, i did it. I upgraded to the pro version and problem 2. is gone. But now I have some other Problems 🙁

1. The header image doesn’t scale on mobile and pad. Its 1000px width, and it stays this size even on the smartphone.

2. The Nivio-slider images do scale, but the slider doesn’t, so there is a white space under the images of the slider on pad.

3. I can’t see the arrows to go to the next slider-image

4. I disabled all the pattern images in the theme options, but when I open the menu on a smartphone there is still the pattern background and it doesn’t have the same color (its black or grey) as on big screens.

5. When I switch my pad to vertical format, there are three posts in one line, but the last post jumps to the next line.

I hope you understand some of the things I wrote. To see the problems you can visit http://www.pinkpetzie.de

Thank you very much

Johannes

Johannes Büch

subscriber

Ups there is one thing I forgot. How can make the right sidebar a little bit smaller without breaking the theme like I did last time in the lite version?

Towfiq I.

administrator

wanetta burgess

subscriber

I upgraded then downloaded and it was downloaded as a folder not a zip file to my iMac so I cannot upload anything to wordpress unless I do it in pieces

Towfiq I.

administrator

When you are on mac, the zip file is automatically unzipped and shown as a folder. You will have to zip it again. Right click on the asteria folder and zip the file again and then upload.

Terrassenüberdachung

Great website … will use this site again in the future 😉 THANK YOU !!!! Greetings from Germany

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.