Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

If you Like the Asteria Lite Theme and want to Keep it free forever Please Rate it on Wordpress.org (It only takes a few seconds)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Unlinking Title

Home Forums Free Theme Support Asteria Lite Unlinking Title

Sara Pulver

Hello there,

Is there anyway for the title of the page (displayed on the left hand side of the top menu bar) not to display as a link to the home page?

Thank you.

-Sara

Towfiq I.

administrator

Go to Appearance> Menus and create a “Link” menu item and in the url field put a hash # instead of a url and then add it to your menu.

Sara

Thank you for your quick response!

I don’t think I explained myself properly. I’m looking for a way to not have the title of page show up on the menu, or top navigation at all.

Here is the current page:

Right now, the title is not displaying on the left hand side of the menu because I have a blank character in the place of the title. (Obviously not preferable) However, you can still see that the blank character is a link when you mouse over it. I am looking for a way to ideally, title the page, but not have it show up on the left side of the menu bar, or be a hyperlink in anyway.

Towfiq I.

administrator

Got it. Open up page.php and remove this:

<h1 class="postitle"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

Sara

Perfect, thank you so much!

Sara

OK, I take it back, that didn’t work.

I feel like it should have something to do with head4.php

I’ve tried taking away a couple of things, but then it screws with the layout. Feels like I should be able to just take away that home url portion but that doesn’t do it either.

Sara

Just played around with a few more things, and was able to get what I was looking for.

Thanks again, sorry for all the bother!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.