Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

Problem Creating Child Page

Home Forums Misc. General Forums Problem Creating Child Page

chiharu

subscriber

I already have one child page under my Products page and am trying to create one more. I have specified this new page as having Products as its parent page on the screen where it is created and have published it, but it is not showing up on my website. Please help!

Towfiq I.

administrator

You are trying to add the child page to the menu? Go to Appearance> Menus and follow this instruction:

http://www.expand2web.com/blog/wordpress-30-custom-navigation-menus-video/

chiharu

subscriber

That was helpful! I now have the page showing up on my main menu across the top, but I still have it listed as a child of Products in the page where I edited it, but it is not showing up underneath the Products tab…

Towfiq I.

administrator

Whats your site address?

chiharu

subscriber

dynaccessltd.com

Towfiq I.

administrator

Your child pages wont be automatically added to the menu. You will have to add them manually from Appearance> Menus

drag your menu items under the product menu and drag them a little right to make them show under the drop down list of “product” menu and then save.

chiharu

subscriber

That’s what I have been doing and it is not working. I can drag the “Overview” item underneath product and a little right (also in line with the “Specifications” item) and then once I hit save, it automatically bumps Overview so that it is back in line with the others, no longer indentened….weird! Any thoughts on why that is happening?

chiharu

subscriber

Got it! I changed browsers and started using Google Chrome..somehow that solved it!

emeline.v

subscriber

Hi ! I have got the same problem. I did what you said and I use google chrome (I’m in localhost). But the child page is not showing. (Sorry for my english).

Towfiq I.

administrator

emeline did you assingn the menu to a postition from Appearance> Menus?

emeline.v

subscriber

Yes, no problem with the menu (put on top), my child page I put it under my parent page a few on the right side (in menu/apparence) but nothing.

Towfiq I.

administrator

whats your site address?

emeline.v

subscriber

I work in local with Wamp/wordpress/Theron pro.

Towfiq I.

administrator

can you describe the issue. i dont understand properly.

emeline.v

subscriber

What you call the issue ?

Towfiq I.

administrator

about the child page menu problem…

emeline.v

subscriber

Well, I don’t know what add. I created my child page, I put it correctly in the menu but when I go on my site, the child page don’t appear when I put my mouse on the parent page even if I click on. She don’t exist.

Towfiq I.

administrator

did you assign setup the menu correctly?

Did you select the “Theme Location” from Appearance> Menus?

can you send me a screenshot of your Appearance> Menus page?

emeline.v

subscriber

done :

[attachment=5605,342] [attachment=5605,343]

Towfiq I.

administrator

looks fine in the backend. so from the front-end when you hover over the menu “Illustration Infantine” you do not get the submenu “La Marchande de vent”?

emeline.v

subscriber

Yes nothing. No unrolling submenu. !!!

Towfiq I.

administrator

I will have to look at the live site and examine the issue. let me know when the site is live. I will try to fix it right away…

emeline.v

subscriber

OK, thank