Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Desactivate the contact form provided by default and use Contact Form 7

Home Forums Free Theme Support Zenon Lite Desactivate the contact form provided by default and use Contact Form 7

Yuli

Hi,

I woul like to use Contact Form 7 as contact form instead of the contact form provided by default by Zenon Lite theme.
    I already implement and use Contact Form 7 on several websites and it works well.

How can I desactivate the contact form provided by default by Zenon Lite theme ?
    Since I activate Contact Form 7 I am with two contact form on my contact webpage.

I am running the premium version of Zenon Lite theme and my WordPress version is 3.8.1.

Thanks in advance !

Towfiq I.

administrator

rename the page-contact.php to page-contact-us.php

Yuli

Hi,

I did it. Then I went on the contact webpage of my website and I still have the two contact forms.

I don’t see how changing the name of a php file will solve my problem.

Towfiq I.

administrator

from the page attirbutes box make sure the “default page template” is selected.
    if this still happens, recreate the contact page.

Yuli

Yep if you go in “Appearance” then “Editor” through the WordPress interface, the default web contact page is still page-contact.php
    I don’t know how to change that

I change the name of my web contact page through my FTP using FileZilla Client

Towfiq I.

administrator

while editing your contact page notice there is a box on right that says “Page Attributes” make sure the “Default Page Template” is selected.

Yuli

I don’t see it on the WordPress interface
    wp-interface-page-contact

Towfiq I.

administrator

not in the theme editor.
    Just click the edit button of your page. in the page post edit page.

Yuli

I found it
    It was already set up with the default page
    I had to choose another set up in order to not have 2 contact forms on my web contact page. I choose “Page with Left Sidebar”. It was the most appropriate choice among those that I have

But I do not understand why the default page is not working correctly and publishing 2 contact form: the one from the theme + the one from Contact Form 7

Towfiq I.

administrator

the default page template would only work when you delete the page-contact.php

wordpress automatically searches for templates with your page name. if it finds any template file with your page name in it, prefix with page- , it automatically assigns the template file to your page. this is whats happening here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.