Theme Support Forum

Support Forum for Free and Premium Themes. Premium Theme Forums are Private! Please log in first to see the Premium forums

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Comments

Home Forums Misc. General Forums Comments

daniela

subscriber

Hi! I have a few questions regarding comments.

I want to enable comments from pages.

Also I don´t want to display the number of comments on a post.

Thank you!

Towfiq I.

administrator

you mean disable comment system in pages? only the pages? or the posts too?

daniela

subscriber

1. Disable comments on pages

2. Not show the number of comments on the post, remove 0 comms.

Thanks

Towfiq I.

administrator

1. While editing the pages in the post editor page, find the “Screen options” button from top and click the “Discussions” option. now notice a discussion box appeared below the editor. disable commenting on page from there. you will have to do that for every page.

2. Go to Appearance> Editor and select “layout1.php” file from right and remove these lines:

<div class="post_meta"><div class="block_comm"><?php if (!empty($post->post_password)) { ?>
    <?php } else { ?><div class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link('0 <span>Comm</span>', '1 <span>Comm</span>', '% <span>Comm</span>', '', __('Off')); ?></div><?php } ?></div></div>

daniela

subscriber

Ok I tryed the first part and it worked fine.

Now something went really wrong with the second part and now I can´t change it back or upload my site, take a look http://www.papasehijos.com

Please help

Towfiq I.

administrator

looks like you removed an extra div. Go to Appearance> Editor and select “layout1.php” and replace the whole code with the code you fidn in this page: http://pastebin.com/xnjT7Ufn

daniela

subscriber

Thank you very much!

Muhammad Shoaib

subscriber

Hi Towfiq

Once you do the mentioned point 1 above, the post shows ‘Comments are closed’ which should also be not visible. How to remove that?

Towfiq I.

administrator

open up comments.php and remove that line.

and what point 1 are you talking about? I dont see any question above.

Muhammad Shoaib

subscriber

Thats what the original questioner asked. Plz see above

Meghan

subscriber

What about the same question, only how to remove the ‘# Comment’ line for layout 2 and 3 as well?

Towfiq I.

administrator

@shoaib

Open up comments.php and remove this:

<p class="nocomments"><?php _e('Comments are closed.', 'scylla'); ?></p>

Towfiq I.

administrator

@Meghan remove this line from your layout2.php and layout3.php:

<div class="block_comm"><?php if (!empty($post->post_password)) { ?>
    <?php } else { ?><div class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link('0 <span>Comment</span>', '1 <span>Comment</span>', '% <span>Comment</span>', '', __('Off')); ?></div><?php } ?></div>

Muhammad Shoaib

subscriber

Thanx for replying.

devora

subscriber

hi, I bought the triton topic, I would like to know what plugin you used and if it is compatible to insert the following?

“Add my threads automatically to my favorites

Check this option to add all your threads or threads where you have posted something to your favorite list.

AND

Favorite Notification

If you want to get an email when there is a new post to a topic in your favorites”

and how to place a forum? is bbpress?

thank you, excuse my English but I use google translator

the contact form is contact form? allows uploading files!! ??? wow

Towfiq I.

administrator

for forum, use bbpress. the forum layout may look broken, in that case let me know.

Naz

Hello Towfiq, I posted a question under the main FAQ but after searching the forum found part of the solution here. I have deleted the

<p class="nocomments"><?php _e('Comments are closed.', 'theron'); ?></p>

Howerver this only worked for the front page, the other pages still have this text. Any other suggestions please?

Naz

In reply to above post relating to Theron theme. I have noticed if I disable the Nebula Facebook Comments which I was using the text which says comments are closed does not appear on the pages where comments have been disabled.

Is there a plugin that will work with the theme which allows FB messages to be posted on a facebook user’s page. I currently also have Social login plugin activated so a user can already log in with their facebook ID but there is no option for this comment to be posted on the FB wall when using the default WP comment.

I would appreciate any help please.

Thank you
    Naz

Towfiq I.

administrator

so you want to display comments are disabled while using the nebula facebook comment plugin?